The Solutions Architect is someone who can lead and collaborate with different development teams to achieve a given goal through a stream of initiatives from the organisation. This role expects the candidate to lead a procedure designed to create high level collaborative design ready for estimation and Implementation.
The Solutions Architect must lead and follow up with the development team assigned the implementation of the design, the fidelity to the basic philosophies and values, the modifications to the design, the adherence to quality and process.
The Solutions Architect must constantly assess growth and mentoring of the development teams and the spread of knowledge within the dominion of the business unit.
- Evolutionary collaboration in the design over “godsent” blueprinting
- Communication and incremental approach to achieving a goal over “unachievable” and subjective perfection
- Active participation with stakeholders
- Solutions architects are active participants in the development teams using the
- Pair programming, scrum ceremonies and PRs as tools to do so
- Pushing for enablement of quality over inspection (automation of pipeline and exemplars)
- Delivering high level models of the requirements (the more complex, the more abstract)
- Capture ideas in detail with working code
- Lean guidance and rules, not bureaucratic procedures
- To collaborate with a dedicated team of experienced business integration team including the Solutions Architects, Product Managers and Devops
- Disciplined in the following procedures of the applied design and development framework
- Feeding back on the procedures to improve them
- Designs and mentors the development team to understands small releases to the granular daily routine level
- Upholding and owning the agile practices of the assigned teams with the initiative
- PSD1 and PSM1 certification at hand or to be obtained in the first 6 months of employment
- Completion of a Design Patterns course in the first 6 months of employment
- 7+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years experience in event driven design