Player Safety Team
We have a fully dedicated team of Player Safety (PS) advisors that is completely focused on detecting ‘at-risk’ players, interacting with end users and evaluating the outcome of these interactions with the help of our data team. The PS team receives real time alerts, escalations and daily reports in order to proceed with an account review of consumers at potential risk and proceed with a safer gambling interaction, when needed. The Player Safety Team works closely with operational and compliance teams to provide timely support in order to minimise risk for end users.
We provide a range of safer gambling tools to our end users to put limits to their gaming. These tools allow end users to decide in advance how much time or money they are able or willing to spend. If an end user decides to modify or remove these limits they go through a cooling-off period to allow them to reflect on their gaming.
At GiG we understand the importance of identifying early signs of potential gambling-related harm. With this goal we have developed our AI machine learning system to help us identify end users who may be at risk.
All our employees complete regular training on safer gambling and our end user facing teams receive advanced training in these areas.
We provide a range of online, face-to-face training and safer gambling workshops throughout the year.
• GiG Academy: Our training department has, in cooperation with our safer gambling and compliance experts, created an interactive online training programme which covers all the regulatory requirements in terms of RG.
• Safer Gambling Workshops: We develop tailor-made, face-to-face training for different departments, highlighting key knowledge regarding safer gambling and sustainability in their area of work.
• Motivational Interviewing training: MI helps people resolve ambivalent feelings and insecurities to find the internal motivation they need to change their behaviour. This support style is particularly helpful with people at risk of gambling-related harm.
• Mental Health First Aid: We partner with the Richmond Foundation Malta which offers Mental Health First Aid training to our staff.
• safeTALK: Our consumer facing staff attend a half-day workshop which provides them with the practical knowledge they need to identify someone at risk of suicide and link them to life-saving services.
• GamCare: We outsource leading Safer Gambling training providers to complement our training so we not only provide best-in-class internal training, but also top-rated external training