At GiG we provide iGaming solutions to our partners based on innovative technology, offering an end to end range of products and services, effectively providing a “one stop shop” for anybody wanting to launch their online casino operation. Not only that, but we strive to be the industry-leading platform and media provider delivering world-class solutions to our iGaming partners and their customers.
We are a diverse, multicultural team of talents, with more than 400 colleagues spread across three main locations. We have a very horizontal and direct approach, where people are expected to take full responsibility for their area of work and strive to be the best in it, the reward here is full trust in you and your capabilities to make the right decision.
What you will be doing
If you are familiar with online gambling, you might have noticed that about 80% of the feature set of any casino is practically the same. As a result of this, we have created our proprietary casino frontend “bootstrap” technology, a.k.a. Wand, which allows us to quickly build brand new casino websites without reinventing the wheel every single time. Wand allows for as much flexibility as required for each individual project and benefits from a common development base with constant bug fixes, updates and new features.
As a frontend developer in GiG, you will be part of the core effort to keep pushing our frontend offering forward by collaborating with other skilled developers to realise our product vision as well as to continuously improve on existing production brands that have been created with Wand by introducing new features, bug fixes and technical improvements.
In 1 month
You will have gotten familiar with your teammates and will have a good understanding of the underlying tech stack behind Wand and how the different systems at GiG interact together to offer an end to end casino experience.
You will have contributed to our codebase by developing your first feature, had regular pair programming sessions with your peers and demonstrated an initiative for solving bug fixes by proposing practical solutions.
In 3 months
You’ll be familiar with all the parts of Wand and have a better understanding of the whole product offering.
You will be performing tasks in all stages of the system development life cycle – analysis, design, development and testing, implementation and documentation.
You will be actively contributing to code reviews, proposing improvements and investigating ways to improve the quality and structure of the previously written code.
In 6 months
As a Mid-Weight developer at GiG, you will be helping to mentor more junior members of the team and helping them to improve their technical skills.
You’ll be independently solving technical problems, writing maintainable unit tests and revising code to improve efficiency and detect bugs in our codebase.
You will be actively contributing towards technical discussions and the technical roadmap ahead for Wand and understand the main areas of improvement that we need to focus on.
You will successfully pass your probation period and become an essential contributor to the team. Moreover, if you want to, you will be able to take a shift in our voluntary paid on-call rotation schedule.
How will you do it
In the frontend department, we have multiple frontend teams. One of them, the core Wand team, focuses on the underlying framework development while the rest focus on the brands developed with it. Within this structure, you will be attached to the core Wand team and report to the Wand team lead. Moreover, you will collaborate very closely with our frontend Product counterparts to realise the roadmap and the partners’ vision.
Who will you do it with
- Bart Lekawski (Head of Frontend Development). Bart started at GiG as a developer in our middleware team and worked his way up the management ladder. He not only oversees the entire department but is one of the most knowledgeable people and is always willing to lend a hand.
- Sebastian Cholewa (Wand Team Lead). One of Sebastian’s strongest skills is his mentorship prowess and patience. Using his unique sense of humor, knowledge and experience he leads a very effective team of developers and gets his hands dirty with code on a daily basis.
- Allison Lynch (Head of Frontend Product). If we want to realise a vision, we first need one, and Allison is the right person for the job. She is highly collaborative and values our technical expertise and feedback. Plus, she has two massive dogs that might pop up in the middle of a meeting.
When and Where will you do it
At GiG we truly value work life balance, which is why we offer flexible schedule arrangements, as long as it works for you and your team and is within +/- 2h of CET. Moreover, you will be able to work at your favorite place as we welcome a 100% remote setup.You can always pop by (or work permanently from) one of our offices in St Julian’s, Malta Marbella, Spain and/or Copenhagen, Denmark.
Who you are
However, any knowledge on the following technologies are a big plus since these are our bread and butter in the Frontend department.
- Web components
- Scrum/Agile methodologies
Because of this, it is more important to us that you have the right soft skills to thrive in our environment.
- Independent: We expect all applicants to be capable of working independently in their roles and take responsibility/accountability for their own work.
- Drive and Love: To keep up with our high paced environment, you need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do! We achieve our targets and love celebrating it! Do you?
- Teamwork: To succeed in this position, you’ll work well with others and aim to achieve common goals. It’s important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness
What we offer
- Salary between 35000€ – 45000€ gross per year
- 100% Remote Working/ Hybrid Working Mode
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- GiG Fit Benefit
- Free Lunches
- Free Parking