We are looking for a senior database engineer to join our work hard, play hard database team, which is part of the Production Operations team.
Your primary focus will be to manage the group’s database systems, which consist of a mix of physical and virtual database platforms. You will participate in the design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of these platforms.
You’d be really excited to:
- Ensure the uptime of the company’s database systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain cost-optimized environments.
- Automate processes using a mix of industry-standard tools such as SQL, PowerShell, Ansible, etc.
- Monitor database platforms for various parameters and optimize/rectify as appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s database backups, high availability, and disaster recovery frameworks.
- Act as technical escalation person for operational staff to assist in resolving problems and incidents.
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Being a responsible, organized person, and having excellent oral and written communication skills, you will also be responsible for mentoring and assisting junior members of the team.
Automation mentality is a must!
So, if you possess a high degree of technical skill, a collaborative approach to problem-solving. and embrace cutting edge technology stacks then we would like to meet you!
You’re really awesome at:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong grasp and well experienced in RDBMS technology.
- Strong knowledge of SQL language, stored procedures, and query optimization.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, ClickHouse OLAP DBMS.
- Hold technical certifications for some of the above mentioned technologies.
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) Mentality.
- Knowledge of Software Development life cycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery and high availability setups.