As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will manage the group’s infrastructure, which is made up of a mix of on-premises physical, virtual, and public multi-cloud platforms. This position forms part of the Production Operations team and primarily focuses on documentation, implementation, and maintenance of physical and virtual server infrastructure, physical and virtual networking, storage area networks, Microsoft, Linux server technologies, Kubernetes, and public cloud platforms.
You will need to possess a high degree of technical skill and embrace cutting-edge technology stacks. You will also need to be responsible for delivering operational excellence, meet project commitments, have a collaborative approach to problem-solving. Infrastructure as code mentality is a must. If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
What you'll be doing
- Manage and maintain multiple private and public cloud infrastructure across the globe;
- Manage services such as load balancers, application messaging, and caches.
- Manage physical and virtual networks, including firewalls, switches, and routers
- Supports heterogeneous multi-vendor hardware platforms;
- Keep up-to-date documentation.
- Work extended and/or alternative hours as needed for roll-outs, system upgrades, etc.
- Ability to lift and rack equipment if needed.
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Having some of the following will be considered an asset:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or equivalent
- Have experience and/or hold technical certifications such as VMware VCP-DCV, MCSA Windows Server, CCNP, Linux LPIC/RHCSA/RHCE
- Experience with Kubernetes and have CKA/CKAD certifications.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer in a hybrid Linux/Windows environment
- Experience with Ansible and Powershell
- Solid IP networking experience
- Possess a deep understanding of Web-based technologies (HTTP/S with SSL/TLS encryption, reverse-proxies, PKI Certificate Management, etc)
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) Mentality