As a Technical Incident Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of our dynamic team of skilled engineers, committed to elevating customer satisfaction. Your primary focus will be on supporting various components within the GiG CoreX IGaming Platform. The Technical Incident Engineering team responds to platform issues escalated internally, understands the impact, investigates to identify the root cause and applies fixes for them. This role as an engineer extends beyond the routine – you’ll be tackling the ‘what ifs’ and exploring edge cases. You will be crucial in uncovering root causes, and your experience and skill-set will play a pivotal role in resolving them. Working across diverse projects and business domains, you’ll encounter different technology stacks daily, providing a stimulating and enriching work environment.
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level.
- Producing robust and quality code fixes for these issues.
- Be involved in technical initiatives to improve our processes.
- Help in automating and facilitating the process of onboarding new clients.
- Effectively communicating investigation status
- Development, Testing and Deployment of fixes to live environments.
- Liaising with the development and other service / support teams as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior members of the team and ensure quick resolution to escalated issues.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to the knowledge base, support processes & tools.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems
- An appreciation of working on production environments
- Fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms) in C# / .NET /.Net Core and Web APIs
- Significant experience working with a relational database (PostgreSQL, MariaDB or SQL Server)
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, work independently, manage workload and escalate in a timely manner
- Experience in developing and debugging on Windows Platform Web technologies and internet protocols (REST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience using version control systems (git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Has experience using debugging and diagnostic tools
Skills in the following area is considered a Plus:
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Scripting skills: Bash or Powershell
- Good understanding of Caching and experience with Redis
- Knowledge in microservices architecture and/or event driven microservices architecture
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Self-motivated individual always looking to better their skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work on different domains
- Someone who is excited by the challenge of looking for bugs and resolving them.
- Someone who is excited to work on different domains.
- Focused on quality and knowledge of how and especially what to test in order to execute change with confidence.
- Motivated by the challenge of a growing company.
- Proactive, someone who is motivated to identify ways of improving ways of working for their team.
- Ability to articulate and simplify complex solutions.
- Efficient, able to multi-task and possesses a winning attitude.
- Comfortable in an agile and fast-moving organisation.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Within your first month, you will gain an understanding of GiGs application ecosystem, the most common workflows associated with them and our tooling
- Within your third month, you will be an active member of our team, and be comfortable implementing low risk changes in the code
- Within your sixth month, you will be actively implementing changes and interacting with other engineering teams to discuss improvements. You will have a broad understanding of the use cases our system provides and detailed understanding in some of the more complex parts of the system
What’s in it for you?
- You will get a feel of what it is really like to work in the dynamic iGaming industry, while also gaining newfound knowledge
- Given the opportunity to explore engineering roles the business has to offer
- Competitive salary
- Great career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- International Health Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing Package (350 EUR per year)
- Birthday Day Off
- Me Time – 1 day off per year
- Lunches in the office for free