We are looking for a Service Operations Engineer to join our team responsible for supporting clients on our platform. You will work on all aspects of troubleshooting mission-critical B2B client operations.
You will be joining a tight knit, friendly, professional team of people who are dedicated to provide support, get excited to solve tough problems, and like seeing results, fast.
You get excited by challenges and deadlines and are driven to succeed and know how to celebrate with your team, when you do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide 1st line technical support to respond, investigate and resolve escalated incidents and service requests through the internal Service Management system.
- Escalating directly to other internal support teams where a resolution is not immediately possible.
- Proactive monitoring of live production environments and event management.
- Hands-on handling and troubleshooting of a wide variety of support matters.
- Identify application defects and follow-up on the issues with other internal service teams forming part of the support framework, and external service provider(s).
- Identify 3rd party platform problems and communicate as necessary, both internally and externally.
- Liaise with service providers and other teams, following incidents through to resolution.
- Build internal knowledge base and self-support articles to help in acting faster on future incidents.
- Speedily interpret and process data from various sources in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Identify and implement new monitoring that may be required to ensure that our platform is available and performing as expected.
How awesome are you:
- BSc. degree in IT or equivalent certification.
- ITIL Foundation certified or equivalent experience working in an organisation adopting ITIL best practices.
- Knowledge of server and network management principles and protocols. CCNA, LPIC and Microsoft certifications would be considered as an asset in this area.
- Experience with monitoring tools and applications such as Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus, PRTG, Nagios and Kibana.
- Experience with business transaction monitoring, such as Logins/Registrations/ Deposits/Withdrawals, and Gameplay.
- 2 years experience in a 24×7 production support environment.
- Experience using Linux in a production environment.
- 2 years experience using Atlassian Jira, Confluence and Opsgenie.
- Gaming experience of more than one year.