At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”.
GiG Core: our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. GiG Core offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
GiG Media: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
The aim of this role is to manage project development initiatives and close the gap between stakeholders (POs, PMs, SEO Exec, UX) and developers, by handling requirements from project start until delivery & evaluation.
As one of the biggest and quickest growing affiliate brands in the industry we are looking for a person that could continuously develop our development capabilities & strategy based on our already strong brand platform. This is an excellent opportunity to be working with one of our most critical areas of GiG Media, for a fast growing company in a creative and dynamic environment.
The role will be based in Copenhagen, and you will be working closely with the other members of the organisation to execute the overall business strategy from a development perspective as well as working closely with the product owners & SEO managers, to help implement the best SEO/SEM strategy and user experience for the sites.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on our increasingly growing internal back office. The backend of this Lumen application consists of about 12 microservices with a total of 600 API endpoints and 1500 PHPUnit tests. The frontend is a monolith Vue.js application, but we’re in the (challenging & fun) process of converting that to microservices as well.
- Besides working on your own tasks, you will also spend a considerable amount of time doing code reviews, pair programming, and R&D.
- Manage project development initiatives and close the gap between stakeholders and developers, by handling requirements from project start until delivery & evaluation.
- Lead and live the GiG values:
o We are together
o Together we innovate
o Together we adapt and learn
o Together we make an impact
o Together we stand with our partners
What you bring
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (7+) and MySQL
- Role model for other colleagues during every step of the development process
- Passionate backend developer who demands clean, readable and testable code
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with PHP framework Laravel or Lumen
- Used to writing (complex) PHPUnit tests on a daily basis
- Comfortable around the command line as well as with shell scripting
- Previous experience with Git and GitLab
- Proactive attitude
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Documentation skills and analytical reasoning
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience with Vue.js, GitLab CI/CD, Docker
- Previous experience within the iGaming industry
- Leadership & mentoring qualities