The Head of Software Development is responsible for the overall direction and running of the Sports department. Ultimately accountable for all individuals and initiatives within it. In charge of the people management aspects of the department, he/she is directly responsible for the teams and together with them, to collaboratively plan and execute at a more granular level the overall strategy.
Not only that, but caring about implementing a true engineering culture in the department and to create, safeguard and implement all necessary processes, procedures and arrangements to seek the constant improvement in department efficiency at the same time as making it an enjoyable experience filled with learning and growth opportunities.
Being business driven, the goal is to, together with the architects, make very high level decisions with very high impact that ultimately can be executed at a more granular level by the teams.
- Set, communicate and execute the strategy for the department
- Responsible for all of the business related aspects of the department (budgeting, costs, high level cost and effort estimations, resource allocation, etc)
- Go-to person for external business/technical stakeholders
- Align the department technical direction with the overall company technical direction
- Provide clear vision and goals for the department, aligned with the company-wide ones
- Ensure that the most fundamental pillars and processes for the correct functioning of the department are in place
- Management of the people aspects within the department (performance and salary reviews, career development, recruitment, on call program, OKRs, etc)
- Responsible for setting and preserving all necessary processes across the department in terms of execution within the teams, leaning on the support provided by the Agile team
- In charge of the mentorship and growth of the direct reports as well as assisting them on people issues and challenges arising within their teams
- Responsible for taking steps towards creating a true engineering culture within the teams and enhancing collaboration (e.g., promoting internal talks, hackathons, good programming practices, etc)
- Work closely with the Tech Management team to ensure best practises and awareness of any Business Critical impediments within different Tech areas such Architecture principles, IT operations, Technical compliance, Security and Data management.
- Lead and live the GiG values:
o We are together
o Together we innovate
o Together we adapt and learn
o Together we make an impact
o Together we stand with our partners
- Deliver solutions on time and within budget
- Exceed customer expectations
- Focus on delivering exceptional quality customer experience
- Employee satisfaction and retention
- Drive innovative solutions
- Make decisions based on data
- Set and keep track of departmental KPIs on a regular basis