As a database engineer, you will be a member of the Database Team, which is part of the Tech Engineering team. Your primary focus will be to manage the group’s MSSQL database systems, which consist of a mix of physical and virtual database platforms. You will also participate in these platforms’ documentation, implementation, and maintenance. The ideal candidate is a responsible, organized person, having excellent English oral and written communication skills.
You will need to possess a high degree of technical skill and embrace cutting-edge technology stacks. You will also need to be responsible for delivering operational excellence, meeting project commitments, and having a collaborative approach to problem-solving and automation. Having experience with PostgreSQL database system is considered an asset.
If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Ensure the uptime of the company’s database systems.
- Implement and maintain cost-optimized environments.
- Automate processes using a mix of industry-standard tools such as SQL, PowerShell, Ansible, etc.
- Monitor database platforms for various parameters and optimize/rectify as appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s database backups, high availability, and disaster recovery frameworks.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging database technologies and best practices, making recommendations as necessary.
- Act as technical escalation person for operational staff to assist in resolving problems and incidents.
- Keep up-to-date documentation.
- Participate in an on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Having some of the following will be considered an asset:
- 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong grasp and well experienced in RDBMS technology.
- Strong knowledge of SQL language, stored procedures, and query optimization.
- Hold technical certifications for some of the above-mentioned technologies.
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) Mentality.
- Knowledge of Software Development life cycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery and high availability setups.
- Be motivated to learn and understand the business so as to provide value.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Be flexible and cool to work with
If you like challenges and you think you have experience in the requested requirements, do not hesitate to apply, this is your opportunity, be a GiGster!