We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our team. Your primary focus will be to manage the group’s MSSQL database systems, which consist of a mix of physical and virtual database platforms. Your duties will involve participating in these platforms’ performance tuning, backups, documentation and maintenance. The ideal candidate is a responsible, organized person, with excellent English oral and written communication skills.
You will need to possess a high degree of technical skill and embrace cutting-edge technology stacks. You will also need to be responsible for delivering operational excellence, meeting project commitments, and having a collaborative approach to problem-solving and automation. Having experience with the PostgreSQL database system is considered an asset. If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
● Ensure the uptime of the company’s database systems.
● Perform standard DB maintenance and generic DB administration tasks.
● Monitor and maintain the company’s database backups, high availability, and disaster recovery frameworks.
● Stay abreast of current and emerging database technologies and best practices, making recommendations as necessary.
● Act as technical escalation person for operational staff to assist in resolving problems andincidents.
● Keep up-to-date documentation.
● Participate in an on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Having some of the following will be considered an asset:
● 2 years of experience in a similar role
● Experience with MSSQL RDBMS
● Optional experience with PostgreSQL RDBMS
● Strong grasp and well experienced in RDBMS technology.
● Be motivated to learn and understand the business so as to provide value.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to work with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
● Be flexible and cool to work with
If you think you meet the requirements, this is your next challenge! become a #GiGSter!