GiG is looking for a data scientist intern to work on initiatives to optimise the business. At GiG we want to be data driven from all aspects and see this area within data as a strategic pillar in the company’s overall vision. This is a paid internship during the summer months, starting in July 2023 and ending in September 2023.
What you’ll be doing
- You will join the Data Science Team within our Data Team and will be based on our office in Malta.
- Work closely with the team to help innovate and come up with different ways to optimise GiG using several AI techniques.
- Working within the team, you will be given a AI use case and allowed to experiment, ask questions, model, and finally productionise a product which will help us build our AI offering.
- Use cases of what you might be doing:
- Identification of bonus abusers using classical machine learning techniques
- Enhance our current AML models via more advanced deep neural network architectures
- Product recommendation engine design
- Use of NLP for transcript sentiment and keyword detection
- You will also be given the opportunity to present your work to the Data
- Team and business stake-holders within our quarterly technical meetings
What’s in it for you?
- You will get a feel of what it is really like to work in the dynamic iGaming industry, while also gaining newfound knowledge
- You will get exposed to commercial applications of data projects
- You will continue learning with the big data environment.
- You will begiven a tailored training path based on your knowledge, and exposed to different big data tools and languages, namely Spark, Scala, Python, Tensorflow, QlikView and more.
What we offer:
– Paid summer internship for 11 weeks
– Coaching and mentoring
– Free Lunches
-Gym in the office