As a Lead Big Data DevOps Engineer you’ll be working for a Tier 1 B2B Platform, providing iGaming solutions to its partners. Reporting to the Director of Data, your focus will be supporting the automation of provisioning of services to GiG Data, which in return is intended to be used by internal key teams and multiple platforms owned by Gaming Innovation Group.
As a leader, you’ll have experience leading DevOps Engineers, and cascading best practices to your team whilst delivering robust planning following Agile practices.
Objectives of Role
- Lead a team of Data DevOps engineers across data platform initiatives, adopting industry best practices.
- Ensure the team is aligned with ongoing data priorities and roadmaps, and work is assigned accordingly. This also includes creating necessary epics, tickets for your team when necessary.
- Create a robust plan for the team whilst nurturing a relationship with all key stakeholders within the Data Engineering team to manage expectations of delivery.
- Organise and plan for migrations, including from legacy processes to new processes being built.
- Contribute towards architecture enhancements and minimise costs across the data platform. This includes being hands on and guiding the team through, cascading communications and skills equally throughout the team.
- Enhance security on all our services and follow guidelines provided by GiG’s security team.
- Improving visibility at system and application level using tools like Jaeger and Prometheus.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to individual team members.
- Knowledge and experience on containerisation platforms like Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience with programming languages like Python or Java, writing scripts using Bash and familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with implementing GitOps using tools like ArgoCD, Helm and Kustomize.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD using tools like Teamcity, Jenkins or Tekton.
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ.