The Big Data Engineer in Test (BDET) is responsible for contributing towards the development and maintenance of automated tests for the various teams comprising Data mainly Engineering, Data Science and BI. The role also includes executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features as well as the development of tool sets to augment QA and Development testing. The BDET will also work closely with engineers and leads from all the teams comprising Data assisting in the delivery of the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute towards the design and implementation of automated tests.
- Contribute towards the testing effort for complex features that includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Develop automated tests and frameworks while maintaining and improving existing ones.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the development and QA process.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- You’ll get the opportunity to learn and work with technologies such as SpecFlow, Cucumber, Spark, Kubernetes, Clickhouse, Apache NiFi, Apache Avro, Kafka and Docker.
Who you are
- Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
- Very good knowledge in an Object Oriented programming language, ideally C#.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Familiar with Selenium and BDD (Behavior Driven Development) frameworks such as SpecFlow.
- A basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines, virtualisation, networking, Windows and Linux operating systems and relatedtechnologies such as Docker and PowerShell.
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence.
- Able to document one’s own work and code in a clear and concise fashion.
- Willing to learn cutting edge technology in the Big Data world.
- Keen to develop, build, test and continuous integration tools.
- Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning.
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work on your own initiative.
- Fluent spoken and written English.