As part of the Big Data Team, you will be using cutting edge technologies to work on collating data across different sources within GiG. Sources are all in real time, and you will be supporting an event driven micro service lambda architecture.
Your focus is to work with the current agile team and contribute to the platform’s objectives and continue being an enabler to many other data technology stakeholders such as the Business Intelligence, Data Science and Quality Assurance teams. You will be up for a challenge, to continue maintaining and adding new features to a platform that ingests up to 5000 messages per second across multiple products such as Lottery, Sports and Casino.
Reporting to the Lead Big Data Engineer and supported by the Big Data Architect to follow best practices, you’ll be guided into delivering world class product increments that support our Tier 1 Platform.
- Object oriented programming (Java)
- Data modelling using any database technologies
- ELT processes (ETLs are oldschool, we transfer in memory now) and experience with Apache Spark or Apache NiFi
- Applied understanding of CICD in change management
- Dockerised applications
- Used distributed version control systems
- Excellent team player
- Meticulous and passionate about your work
- Functional oriented programming (experience with Python, Scala)
- Analytical mindset
- Low latency databases such as ClickHouse
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Can collaborate in scoping exercises
- Mentoring skills
- Have worked with both Linux and Windows environments.
You’ll give us your ideas and knowledge, and if we’re a good match we’ll back you up with a salary you can be proud of and amazing industry perks like daily lunch. On top of the perks, you’ll even get to work with the best talent the industry has to offer.
- Great career development opportunities
- 100% remote or hybrid working model
- International Health Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing Package (350 EUR per year)
- Birthday Day Off
- Me Time – 1 day off per year
- Lunches in the office for free
- Gym in the office
- Introduction Interview
- Technical Interview
- Technical Test
- Technical Test Presentation