We are looking for a Backend Developer (.NET) based in Madrid to join our Software Engineering department which is responsible for delivering innovative software solutions in an agile environment.
The team is an eclectic bunch of talented developers.
You’ll be really excited to:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use and maintain the back-end systems.
- Implement efficient and performant backend code.
- Provide realistic estimates for requests, fixes, and new ideas.
- Cooperate with the multiple teams in implementing new functionality.
- To look at a problem and come up with practical solutions.
- Write unit tests with mocked code.
- Write clear and precise technical documentation.
- Use SQL to tune existing data constructs.
- Lead and live the GiG values:
o We are together
o Together we innovate
o Together we adapt and learn
o Together we make an impact
o Together we stand with our partners
- Someone able to demonstrate the use of the latest .NET Technologies (.NET Core, WebSockets, WebAPI).
- Someone experienced in Microservices architecture, Events and Event Streaming.
- Have prior knowledge or willingness to learn Actor Based Modelling (Microsoft Orleans).
- Someone with a comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development.
- Plan and work autonomously and within a team, following the Agile Methodology and having a deep understanding of Source Control and GIT Flow.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
- Experience with client/server or N-tier architectures.
- Experience with Testing Frameworks (NUnit or XUnit) is a nice to have.
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) is a nice to have.
- Experience with MVC (Model, View, Controller) is a nice to have.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field will be considered an asset.
- Ideally have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role.