We are looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join our team of talented engineers that share a passion for solving challenging problems, writing performant code and building technically innovative solutions.
What you will be doing as a Back-end developer at GiG:
- Writing highly performant web services and APIs used by our internal front-end developers and by external clients.
- Focusing on quality, promoting best practices and investigating new ways of improving our applications.
- Contributing to product development, user feedback and roadmap planning.
- Collaborating with other engineers across multiple departments and disciplines, and showcasing your work in our biweekly internal demo.
- Investigating ways to improve our codebase by sharing your knowledge and research with our engineering team.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Experience with Node.js and knowledge of Go.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with CI/CD approach.
- Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
- Experience with using version control systems such as Git.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- An in-depth understanding of agile methodologies.
- A quality mindset, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field will be considered an asset.
- Ideally, have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bonus Points: Front-end development experience using technologies and frameworks like ReactJS, RESTful web services and CSS preprocessors such as SASS.
Who we are
We are a diverse, multicultural team of talents, with over 600 colleagues spread across three primary locations. We have a very horizontal and direct approach, where people are expected to take full responsibility for their area of work and strive to be the best in it. The reward here is full trust in you and your capabilities to make the right decision.
What we offer
- 100% Remote Working / Hybrid Working model
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare for employees based in Spain or Malta
- GiG Fit Benefit
- Free Lunches for office-based employees
- Training budget for courses and personal development
- Coaching and mentoring
- Employee Recognition Program