Backend Software Developer in Test
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of automated tests for the GiG Core team within an in-house built automation framework.
This is where you will get the opportunity to be a part of the full QA cycle. Working together with a squad made of a product owner, backend developers and other back-end QA engineers we will ensure the highest software quality standards for all of our current and future products. You will be involved in the automation of tests for our products; you will also work in partnership with stakeholders to understand requirements and define automation test cases.
We’re looking for enthusiastic SDETs who share our passion for building and delivering great products.
What you'll be doing
- Design and implement automated tests in one of GiG Core’s platform verticals using our in-house test automation framework
- Identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
- Work with development teams and a QA governance team to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Play an active role in the ongoing requirement definition and growth of a product
- Work in an 80-20 time slice setup, where 20% of your effort can be dedicated to the advancement of our tools and processes. You will be empowered to enhance existing and build new test tools, research innovative test techniques and processes, and contribute towards open-source projects.
- Get the possibility to rotate and work in different teams within the GiG Core platform
- Get the opportunity to learn and work with technologies and tools such as Specflow, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Orleans, Avro, Octopus, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, JMeter and more
- Have a huge impact on the quality of GiG’s growing suite of services
Who you are
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language, preferably C#
- Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work on your own initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containerization
- Experience with API and messaging automation testing
- Experience with open-source tools and resources
- Experience in performance and security testing
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.