As the Head of Design you will manage and direct the strategy and performance of our design team. This role requires someone to have an excellent agnostic understanding all areas of design, such as product design, graphic design, motion design and UX research. There is a strong requirement to be process driven, to dive the team with strong process frameworks which facilitate the best possible collaboration with stakeholders as possible. The role is a managerial one, so the ideal candidate will be a strong leader looking to guide and develop a team, rather than contribute to design themselves.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Director of Product to put in place a short and long term design strategy.
- The main point of contact for the design team in the organisation, acting as a key stakeholder when it comes to the organisational strategy.
- Forming part of the product & design management team, contributing and shaping the overall strategy of the department.
- Influencing design thinking across the business.
- Ensuring the design team is objective driven, with strong OKRs in place to achieve results and grow the team.
- Develop design KPIs, so we can measure the efficiency of the design team, and ensure that allocation of resources matches the business need.
- Ensure the team is accountable and owns design, with a proactive mindset.
- Develop and manage productivity and continuously improve the teams production capabilities.
- Ensure the team is data driven and insights are at the core of everything we do.
- Ensuring that all design and creative projects are delivered on time, especially when working with other stakeholders.
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for proposals.
- Nurture and grow the existing design culture within the team.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production, and establish the best working practices.
- Managing and responsible for the design budget.
Who you are
- Passion for design, especially in the online gaming industry.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills to manage multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Proven success in leading design team, and having contribution to the overall goal and vision.
- Experience within the product lifecycle management, preferably in a senior or leadership role and able to manage the process end to end.
- Experience in driving the product and design strategy and implementation of new features within an iGaming product.
- A proven track record of working with innovative, agile teams – and able to take on responsibility to manage deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of web and mobile technologies is essential.
- Able to manage and influence senior stakeholders, and experience in working in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Analytical skills are a must, having an understanding of product metrics and being able to report on success and failure of a project.
- Ability to storyboard or translate ideas to design.
- Strong attention to detail