Business Systems Analyst
The role of the BSA is to help determine operational objectives by studying business functions and features. You will gather information, evaluate output requirements and focus on improving systems by studying current practices and designing modifications. As a BSA you will be responsible for identifying problems and writing improved procedures and specifications. The BSA will also support end user testing
What will you be doing?
There will be 6 key areas to your role:
- Understanding product roadmap and establishing the scope of individual features and change requests
- Investigating the current situation and constraints
- Capture high level requirements, support stakeholders in building the business case
- Investigate solution options (Technical and through wireframes)
- Define Requirements (Business & Technical)
- Provide UAT sign off for final product
How does this translate to in terms of day to day role?
We are looking for someone who can take a business request and document this so solutions can be evaluated and implemented by product and development teams
Your main output will be production of the BRD. You will be required to work with the BRD model and adapt it depending on feature or project. This role will encompass the following areas
- Working with the Lead BSA to understand feature roadmaps, key projects and key KPIs
- Work with business stakeholders and partners to agree a shared set of high level requirements
- Work with POs and tech teams to create and analyse requirements; construct workflow charts and diagrams; study system capabilities; and write specification mock-up wireframes to support your audience
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements with the Project Management team, PO’s and stakeholders
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Own the end to end requirements for all verticals
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Suggest improvements to the system by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Execute and effectively document test criteria to sign off on solution quality (UAT and support sign off process)
- Work with the Lead BSA to own and develop the document repository and document standards and roll these out to Product team
- Input into the Jurisdictional Matrix (This will be owned by the BSA Team as a whole)
What skills should you have?
- Excellent facilitation skills to collaborate with the clients through decision
making process and gain consensus to reach sign-off
- The ability to succinctly communicate solution and requirements to
customer and internal team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Highly organised
- Analytical and challenging nature
- A desire to work across all areas of product
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable
- Growth mindset
- The ability to understand the difference between a clients needs and wants
- The ability to be both business and technically minded
- Someone who always has the customer at the forefront of their mind
The role will be remote, however travel to Malta and Spain will be required