- You will fix defects in GiG’s software platform based on your investigation of customer-reported problems.
- The Technical Incident Engineering team responds to customer issues escalated internally, identifies the root cause and applies fixes for them. Reporting to the engineering team lead, you will be part of a growing team of engineers focused on improving customer satisfaction.
- As an engineer you will focus on the edge cases, the “what if”. We need your knowledge to find the root cause and we need your experience and skill-set to resolve it.
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level.
- Producing robust, well-written solutions for these issues.
- Effectively communicating investigation status to the Customer.
- Deployment of fixes to live environments.
- Liaising with the development and other service / support teams as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior members of the team and ensure quick resolution to escalated issues.
- Participation in an on-call rota schedule.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to the knowledge base, support processes & tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems
- An appreciation of working on production environments
- Fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms) in C# / .NET
- Significant experience working with a relational database (PostgreSQL, MariaDB or SQL Server)
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, work independently, manage workload and escalate in a timely manner.
- Experience in developing and debugging on a Windows Platform
- Web technologies and internet protocols (REST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience using version control systems (git, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Scripting skills: Bash or Powershell
- Comfortable working in English
- Someone who is excited by the challenge of looking for bugs and resolving them.
- Focused on quality and knowledge of how and especially what to test in order to execute change with confidence.
- Motivated by the challenge of scaling a growing company.
- Proactive, someone who is motivated to identify ways of improving ways of working for their team.
- Ability to articulate and simplify complex solutions.
- Efficient, able to multi-task and possesses a winning attitude.
- Comfortable in an agile and fast-moving organisation.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Within your first month, you will gain an understanding of GiGs application ecosystem, the most common workflows associated with them and our tooling
- Within your third month, you will be an active member of our team, and be comfortable implementing low risk changes in the code
- Within your sixth month, you will be actively implementing changes and interacting with other engineering teams to discuss improvements. You will have a broad understanding of the use cases our system provides and detailed understanding in some of the more complex parts of the system
What’s in it for you?
- You will get a feel of what it is really like to work in the dynamic iGaming industry, while also gaining newfound knowledge
- Given the opportunity to explore engineering roles the business has to offer
- Competitive salary
- 100% Remote Working/ Hybrid Working Mode
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- GiG Fit Benefit