We are seeking a Technical Architect with strong interpersonal skills that can work with our talented team of engineers, product teams and other architects to design and develop world-class iGaming solutions.
The architect is meant to be the technical “go-to” person for anything backend related across the entire Frontend department. The architect should be a very knowledgeable person who puts his/her technical knowledge to the service of others as well as to help realising the technical direction of the department. Moreover, the architect should do so in a very structured and “engineer-like” manner, documenting, sharing and making informed decisions.
The architect shouldn't, by any means, unilaterally decide on technical questions but rather achieve these in a highly collaborative manner. He/she should be a technical facilitator and enhance collaboration, not only within the department, but also outside its boundaries. Having an understanding of what else is going on in other technical departments and/or company-wide technical initiatives that might significantly impact the department's own technical roadmap or present new opportunities for it is a critical aspect of this role, yet again, to be reached via collaboration, communication and documentation.
The architect will help define the technical roadmap of the department as well as instill a culture of technical innovation and experimentation in the different teams, by leaning on the support of the department management and product organisation. Not only that, but he/she should assist the management team in setting and creating processes to improve how we tackle and document technical problems and challenges.
This role is meant to be highly autonomous and enjoy as much freedom as possible to ensure there is enough room for innovation and creativity, so it is up to the person to define his/her own balance between high level and hands-on work.
- Participate in defining the technical roadmap of the department, with special emphasis on backend/middleware related aspects
- Assist the Head of Frontend and other business stakeholders in high level discussions and estimations for new potential projects
- Technically assist and contribute to each individual team's technical roadmap and/or direction
- Establish a structured culture on how to approach technical solutions across the department (documenting processes and infrastructure, designing processes, technical decision making, POC processes, etc)
- Seek constant innovation by POCing and introducing new concepts, technologies and processes relevant to the department and/or the teams
- Assist the management team in establishing a true engineering culture in the department
- Communicate and promote the technical vision and initiatives for backend/middleware within the department, both internally and externally
- Liaise and synchronise with architects in other technical departments in the company
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience with software and system design.
- Strong development background with an excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Best Practices.
- An in-depth understanding of agile methodologies.
- Experience with Node.js and/or Go.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch / Postgres / RethinkDB.
- Self-motivated with a strong capability of fast learning.
- Experience with bug-tracking systems. (Jira)
- Experience with versioning systems. (Git)
- Experience with CI/CD. (GitLab, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work on your own initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- A quality mindset, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field will be considered an asset.
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bonus Points: Front-end development and architecture experience using technologies and frameworks like ReactJS, RESTful web services and CSS preprocessors such as SASS.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote Working/ Hybrid Working Mode
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- GiG Fit Benefit
- Free Lunches
- Free Parking