The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of automated tests for the GiG Core team using an in-house built automation framework.
This is where you will get the opportunity to be a part of the full QA cycle and contribute towards creating a culture of quality throughout the organisation. Working together with a squad made of a Product Owner, Backend Developers and other SDETs you will be vital in ensuring the highest software quality standards for all of our current and future products. You will be involved in the automation of tests for our products; you will also work in partnership with stakeholders to understand requirements and define automation test cases.
We’re looking for enthusiastic SDETs who share our passion for building and delivering great products.
You’d be really excited to:
- Design and implement automated tests in GiG Core’s platform using our in-house test automation framework written in .NET.
- Identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
- Work with development teams and the QA Governance Team to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Play an active role in the ongoing requirement definition and growth of a product
- Possibility to work in an 80-20 time slice setup, where 20% of your effort can be dedicated to the advancement of our tools and processes. You will be empowered to enhance existing and build new test tools, research innovative test techniques and processes, and contribute towards open-source projects.
- Get the possibility to rotate and work in different teams within the GiG Core platform
- Get the opportunity to work with technologies and tools such as SpecFlow, ELK Stack, PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Orleans, ArgoCD, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, JMeter and more
- Have a huge impact on the quality of GiG’s growing suite of services
You’re really awesome at:
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role.
- Proven experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language, preferably C# or Java.
- A good understanding of REST standards and how they are implemented
- Basic knowledge of messaging systems such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- A good understanding of BDD techniques and automating Acceptance Tests written in the Gherkin syntax.
- Experience with automating API tests, preferably through messaging systems or REST endpoints.
- Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
- Experience with using version control systems such as Git
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- A desire to investigate and work with new technologies towards improving the team’s quality status
You’re also good at:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing and/or testing event-driven systems built using a microservices architecture
- Experience being a reference point for Quality Assurance in Agile Software Development teams
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containerization using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as JMeter
- Experience with automated security testing using tools such as static code analyzers, fuzzers and software composition analyzers.