As a QA Specialist, you will be a catalyst at GiG in ensuring that value is being delivered to the client, at the highest quality standards. You will form part of the QA Governance Team at GiG and work with other specialists in the team reporting to the Head of QA.
The role of the QA Governance Team is to provide centralized tools, standards and guidelines to the development teams at GiG with the aim of monitoring, measuring and achieving high quality in what is being delivered. You will be part of a team which is continuously researching new ways to improve the quality of our products through a wide variety of techniques, including testing. As part of your role, you will also be sharing this knowledge with the rest of GiG through courses and other training workshops.
You’d really be excited to:
- Design and develop in-house test automation tools and frameworks written in .NET to be used by the development teams in their test automation efforts.
- Work with the latest technologies such as Kubernetes with OpenShift, Docker, ELK stack, Specflow, Argo CD, Kafka and MS Orleans.
- Play an important role in the design stage of new features at GiG, in ensuring that quality is taken into account as early as possible.
- Research on new ways how we can advance our tools and processes. You will be empowered to enhance existing and build new test tools, research innovative test techniques and processes, and contribute towards open-source projects.
- Design and deliver courses to other GiG employees, aimed to raise awareness on the importance of quality and teaching new quality processes and techniques.
- Be a coach and mentor to other engineers in development teams, guiding them in the understanding and implementation of quality-related methodologies.
- Work closely with other teams such as the Agile Coaches and the Architecture team in collaborative efforts to improve quality.
- Have a huge impact on the quality of GiG’s growing suite of services.
You are required to have:
- 4+ years of experience in any Software Engineering role, with at least 2 years of experience in a Software Testing role.
- Proven experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language, preferably C# or Java.
- Good understanding of the Gherkin syntax.
- Solid understanding of software testing principles, test automation techniques, and related processes.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of virtualization tools like Docker
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how pre and post-deployment quality gates are used.
- Good understanding of event-driven systems built using a microservices architecture and the testing challenges related to this architecture
- Basic understanding of messaging systems such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Good understanding of the Agile philosophy with an awareness of the Scrum ceremonies and their use.
- The ability to drive on your own initiative research projects and work related to new tools and enhancements on existing ones. Strong verbal and communication skills are required to share any of this knowledge and work where necessary.
- A clear understanding of OOP design patterns and SOLID principles.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Building Test Automation Frameworks, BDD, CI/CD Pipelines, Non-functional testing, Microservice Architecture, Event-driven systems, Contract Testing, Executable Specifications, Using AI in Software Testing.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as JMeter.
- Experience with automated security testing using tools such as static code analyzers, fuzzers and software composition analyzers.