At GiG we provide iGaming solutions to our partners based on innovative technology, offering an end to end range of products and services, effectively providing a “one-stop shop” for anybody wanting to launch their online casino operation. Not only that, but we strive to be the industry-leading platform and media provider delivering world-class solutions to our iGaming partners and their customers.
We are a diverse, multicultural team of talents, with more than 400 colleagues spread across three main locations. We have a very horizontal and direct approach, where people are expected to take full responsibility for their area of work and strive to be the best in it. The reward here is full trust in you and your capabilities to make the right decision.
What you will be doing
At GiG, we have built a middleware system combining the broad range of products the company offers into a single set of APIs consumed by frontend applications and a CMS to manage the player experience. Magic, as the middleware is called, allows casino operators to focus on building iGaming sites tailored to their needs. It integrates closely with our proprietary casino frontend “bootstrap” technology, Wand.
As a Junior Technical Support Engineer, you will be working in a high-performing team to provide troubleshooting and tech support services to a wide range of internal stakeholders and external clients. You will be a natural problem solver that takes ownership of customer issues and helps find effective resolutions.
In 1 month
You will know the names of all your colleagues and will have a good understanding of the underlying tech stack behind Magic and a very big picture of how all different systems at GiG interact together to offer an end to end casino experience.
You will be working closely with the Magic middleware team to solve interesting problems and have a general understanding of how our support system works. You will be effectively communicating with our Service operations teams to understand the nature of technical issues raised by customers.
In 3 months
You will be working more independently solving complex incidents and communicating with development teams to provide insights into possible solutions. You will be comfortable with contacting clients through our Service operations team and providing reports on technical issues and incidents.
You’ll be familiar with the Magic ecosystem and have a better understanding of the whole product offering. You will have expanded your knowledge of the tooling we use and will be on your way to becoming a power user of the Magic CMS.
In 6 months
You will be diagnosing and troubleshooting live incidents/software issues independently and actively seeking new ways to improve our systems and incident processes. Now you will be comfortable taking part in our on-call support system to investigate on-line incidents in accordance with the Service Level Agreements.
You will successfully pass your probation period and be on your way to becoming a go-to person when issues arise and able to identify and create effective solutions.
How will you do it
You will be a member of the Magic middleware team, which is part of the frontend department together with multiple frontend teams. You will report to the Magic team lead and collaborate very closely with our Technical Support Engineers to provide technical support for our services.
Who will you do it with
- Ben Nam (Magic Team Lead). A former frontend developer turned exceptional manager, Ben uses his knowledge and experience to lead a very effective team of developers. He ensures the team is satisfied and the processes work in their favor.
- Adolfo Luzardo Cabrera (Technical Support Manager). A talented backend developer that has grown into an outstanding Technical Support Engineer. Adolfo is the go-to person for any incidents raised with our platforms. He has a vast knowledge of our systems and is well known for his strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Bart Lekawski (Head of Frontend Development). Started at GiG as a developer in the Magic team and worked his way up the management ladder. He now oversees the entire department but is always willing to lend a hand.
When and where will you do it
At GiG we truly value work life balance, which is why we offer flexible schedule arrangements, as long as it works for you and your team and is within +/- 2h of CET. Moreover, you will be able to work at your favorite place as we welcome a 100% remote setup.You can always pop by (or work permanently from) one of our offices in St Julian’s, Malta; Marbella, Spain; Copenhagen, Denmark or the recently opened one in Riga, Latvia.
Who you are
You are a talented and highly motivated professional with a passion for solving challenging problems. You have the ability to think outside the box and provide assistance and tech support services to a wide range of internal stakeholders and external clients.
Knowledge on the following technologies is a big plus since these are our bread and butter in the Magic team.
- Experience with NodeJS / Go.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch / Postgres / RethinkDB.
- Good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
It is more important to us that you have the right soft skills to thrive in our environment.
- Independent: We expect all applicants to be capable of working independently in their roles and take responsibility/accountability for their own work.
- Drive and Love: To keep up with our high paced environment, you need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do! We achieve our targets and love celebrating it! Do you?
- Teamwork: To succeed in this position, you'll work well with others and aim to achieve common goals. It’s important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- A quality mindset, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
What we offer
- Salary between 30000€ – 35000€ gross per year
- 100% Remote Working/Hybrid Working Mode
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- GiG Fit Benefit
- Free Lunches
- Free Parking