Are you passionate about automation? Do you want to join a team of talented individuals focusing on building and maintaining CI/CD, IaaC and Container Orchestration.
– Responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services
– Monitor and manage the core gaming platform to ensure SLAs are met
– Build and manage systems, infrastructure services and applications through automation
– Develop strategy, processes, and shape our existing infrastructure and support procedures
– Regularly check code into our CI/CD pipelines
What you'll be doing
You will serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services. This can on day involve troubleshooting issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network, and other days, identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design and drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring and telemetry
- Assist in the rollouts and deployment of new product features and installations
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor applications and services in a large-scale environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind.
Who you are
We see that you have a technology or business graduate degree, or equivalent experience and knowledge of IT governance and operations. Your background has given you a strong knowledge of current IT methodologies and systems technologies and standards. So you, in other words, always keeps IT security in mind in whatever you do.
- Actively contributes SRE/DevOps best practices.
- Passion to replace manual work with code that can enable a system to run itself, i.e. mindset of around the clock “eating”, “breathing”, and “sleeping” automation of everything.
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution skills and ability to tackle a problem to completion.
- Desire and ability to wear many hats (developer, systems engineer, support specialist, tester, inventor, release engineer)
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability
- A working knowledge of Go-Lang would be a strong plus.
- Experience of iGaming/internet games sectors is a plus.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands on experience including, but not limited to:
- Excellent ability to script
- Proven successful track record of running a multi-node/ multi-tier web application architectures
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite [Confluence/JIRA]
- Experience with Persisted Key/Value store technologies such as ETCD
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as TeamCity & Jenkins
- Experience with Continuous Deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy & Argo CD
- Experience with Kubernetes package managers such as Helm
- Experience with YAML templating solutions such as Kustomize
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and services such as Microsoft Azure & Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible
- Senior level experience supporting Linux and Windows systems
- Senior level experience using Kubernetes and Kubernetes Orchestration OpenShift
- Senior level experience with Message Streaming / Message Queueing tools such as RabbitMQ & Kafka
- Senior level experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools
- Senior level experience in TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Senior level experience in maintaining long-lived APIs