We are looking for a Database Team Lead, with expertise in different database technologies, to lead our team of database engineers. The team manages and maintains the group’s database systems, which consist of a mix of physical and virtual platforms.
The team seats in our amazing Production Operations group, and strives to effectively meet project timelines and quality goals.
This is where we will need your expertise to lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of cost-optimized environments, whilst driving adherence to OLAs and SLAs. You possess a high degree of technical skill and embrace cutting edge technology stacks, consistently introduce new ideas, and demonstrate original thinking.
You will be responsible for ensuring the team delivers operational excellence, meet project commitments, and have a collaborative approach to problem-solving. You are great at communication and feel confident in being an escalation point and strive to create and automate processes, both technical and operational.
If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, then we would like to speak with you.
You’re really awesome at:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, ClickHouse OLAP DBMS.
- 3 yr+ experience working with such Database Systems
- Previous leadership experience
You’re also good at:
- Have 2 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Hold technical certifications for some of the above mentioned technologies.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Have knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery and high availability setups.