At GiG we provide iGaming solutions to our partners based on innovative technology, offering an end to end range of products and services, effectively providing a “one-stop shop” for anybody wanting to launch their online casino operation. Not only that, but we strive to be the industry-leading platform and media provider delivering world-class solutions to our iGaming partners and their customers.
We are a diverse, multicultural team of talents, with more than 400 colleagues spread across three main locations. We have a very horizontal and direct approach, where people are expected to take full responsibility for their area of work and strive to be the best in it. The reward here is full trust in you and your capabilities to make the right decision.
What you will be doing
At GiG, we have built a middleware system combining the broad range of products the company offers into a single set of APIs consumed by frontend applications and a CMS to manage the player experience. Magic, as the middleware is called, allows casino operators to focus on building iGaming sites tailored to their needs. It integrates closely with our proprietary casino frontend “bootstrap” technology, Wand.
As a backend developer in GiG, you will be part of the core effort to keep pushing our middleware offering forward. You will be collaborating with other skilled developers to realise our product vision whilst continuously improving existing production brands. Our developers focus on introducing new features, bug fixes and technical improvements.
In 1 month
You will know the names of all your colleagues and will have a good understanding of the underlying tech stack behind Magic and a very big picture of how all different systems at GiG interact together to offer an end to end casino experience.
You will know how the team works and participate proactively in the development process and Scrum ceremonies and moreover, you will have a general understanding of how other teams are structured and interact with each other.
You will have your first pair programming sessions with another colleague of the team to work together on your first bug fixes and development tasks for Magic.
In 3 months
You will start delivering more complex tasks individually.
You’ll be familiar with all the parts of Magic and have a better understanding of the whole product offering. You will be on your way to becoming a power user of the CMS.
You will also have a better understanding of the tools we use and how they work.
In 6 months
You will have participated in the delivery of a major feature or even a new brand launch.
You will be able to start participating more in technical discussions and the technical roadmap ahead for Magic and have an understanding of the main areas of improvement that we need to focus on.
You will take a shift in our paid on call rotation schedule.
You will successfully pass your probation period and become an essential contributor to the team.
How will you do it
You will be a member of the middleware team, which is part of the frontend department together with multiple frontend teams. You will report to the Magic team lead and collaborate very closely with our Product counterparts to realise the roadmap and the partners’ vision.
Who will you do it with
- Ben Nam (Magic Team Lead). A former frontend developer turned exceptional manager, Ben uses his knowledge and experience to lead a very effective team of developers. He ensures the team is satisfied and the processes work in their favor.
- Emma Wood (Magic Product Owner). Emma is the person setting up the vision for Magic. Structured and organised, she values our technical expertise and feedback.
- Emilio Camacho Rivas (Magic Architect). A former member of the Magic development team, Emilio provides the technical direction for the product. Highly collaborative and humble, he works together with the team to match the highest quality standards.
- Bart Lekawski (Head of Frontend Development). Started at GiG as a developer in the Magic team and worked his way up the management ladder. He now oversees the entire department but is always willing to lend a hand.
When and Where will you do it
At GiG we truly value work life balance, which is why we offer flexible schedule arrangements, as long as it works for you and your team and is within +/- 2h of CET. Moreover, you will be able to work at your favorite place as we welcome a 100% remote setup.You can always pop by (or work permanently from) one of our offices in St Julian’s, Malta; Marbella, Spain; Copenhagen, Denmark or the recently opened one in Riga, Latvia.
Who you are
You are an experienced backend developer with a passion for solving challenging problems, writing performant code and building technically innovative solutions.
You need to have experience with either Node.js or Go, as you will be working with both languages on a daily basis.
Knowledge on the following technologies is a big plus since these are our bread and butter in the Magic team.
- ElasticSearch / Postgres / RethinkDB.
- Experience working with CI/CD approach.
- Good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
- Experience with using version control systems such as Git.
- Bonus Points: Front-end development experience using technologies and frameworks like ReactJS, RESTful web services and CSS preprocessors such as SASS.
It is more important to us that you have the right soft skills to thrive in our environment.
- Independent: We expect all applicants to be capable of working independently in their roles and take responsibility/accountability for their own work.
- Drive and Love: To keep up with our high paced environment, you need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do! We achieve our targets and love celebrating it! Do you?
- Teamwork:To succeed in this position, you'll work well with others and aim to achieve common goals. It’s important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- A quality mindset, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
What we offer
- Salary between 40000€ – 50000€ gross per year
- 100% Remote Working/ Hybrid Working Mode
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- GiG Fit Benefit
- Free Lunches
- Free Parking