As one of the biggest and quickest growing affiliates brands in the industry we are looking for a person to maintain and improve the infrastructure of our large network of domains and websites, using various different hosting solutions (dedicated, VPS, hosting services…).
The aim for this role is to develop and enhance GiG Media’s infrastructure and workflow. The role spans domains, servers, and hosting.
This is an excellent opportunity to be working with one of our most important areas for a fast-growing company, in a creative and dynamic environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting up, maintaining, and optimizing new and existing Linux environments (mostly Ubuntu)
- Managing domains, DNS records, SSL certificates (Cloudflare, Let’s Encrypt)
- Monitoring websites and servers (Prometheus, ELK stack, StatusCake)
- Implementing and optimising build processes and build/release (CI/CD) pipelines using GitLab
- Debugging, analysing and diagnosing issues with functionality and performance of both application and system performance
- Automating repetitive tasks/workflows using tools like Ansible, GitLab and Terraform
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with reliability, scalability and maintainability in mind
What you bring:
- A desire and ability to wear many hats (developer, systems engineer, support specialist, tester, inventor, release engineer)
- Passion to replace manual work with code that can enable a system to run itself, i.e. mindset of around the clock “eating”, “breathing”, and “sleeping” automation of everything
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution skills, and ability to tackle a problem to completion
- Keep IT security in mind in whatever you do
Hands-on experience including, but not limited to:
- Excellent knowledge of Ubuntu and apt
- Confidence working with the LEMP stack (Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and services such as DigitalOcean, Hetzner, Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with WordPress, themes and plugins
- Familiarity with Gatsby
- Familiarity with versioning software (Git, Bitbucket, GitLab)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and knowledge on how to administer and manage these tools (mostly GitLab)
- Understands the full development process and the tools required to make developers highly productive
- Knowledge of networking essentials, including LAN/WAN, Routing, Networking protocols, firewalls (iptables, mostly ufw), and load balancers (HAproxy, nginx)
- Excellent ability to script (Python, Bash, etc)
- Knowledge of parsing and analysing logs, and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with application performance and improvement process
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with email hosting (GoDaddy, Migadu)
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Good documentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer:
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators – we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development – we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' – we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multicultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, then let’s challenge the ordinary together.