GiG is looking for a data scientist to work on initiatives to optimise the business. At GiG we want to be data driven from all aspects and see this area within data as a strategic pillar in the company’s overall vision.
What you'll be doing
- Innovate and come up with different ways to optimise GiG using several techniques coming from your own initiatives.
- Contribute to the data science vision and strategy and organise sessions with the team explaining your work.
- Work with verticals outside of the data team such as CRM, Casino, Sportsbook, Poker and come up with effective ways to get better results with predictive analytics.
- Collaborate with other verticals of the data team to deliver the use case at scale.
- Assist in contributing to the development of our Big Data platform, included warehouse development and dashboarding.
- Deal with adhoc scenarios where analytics will help the business understand insights.
- Create POCs using notebooks such as Jupyter.
- Promote using machine learning and educate your peers on why one model or algorithm works better for a scenario.
- Guide peers to build intelligent algorithms that transform and improve our business.
- Embrace and introduce best practices to deliver data science at scale.
- Be at the front line of technology together with your peers and other verticals of the team and also introduce or suggest new technologies.
Who you are
- 2+ years’ experience in data science / AI and a degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics). MSc or PhD is preferred.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You enjoy mentoring and guiding others and have actively contributed to building Data science related frameworks optimally across an organization.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
- Experience at delivering data science tools in dockerised environments
- You have strong SQL skills and programmatic expertise, like R or Python
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GiG encourages applications from all sections of the community