We are looking for a responsible Legal Counsel to join our legal department in Malta.
- Monitor regulatory and legal developments that impact our business and update our key management team;
- Apply for any licence available globally for affiliates;
- Manage relationships with external counsel supporting us apply for licences or maintain our licences in any jurisdiction;
- Maintain due diligence documents structured and up to date;
- Liaise with key employees required to file apply for or maintain personal approvals or licences;
- Keep a register of all licences and keep a calendar of actions necessary to keep those licences and related approvals in good standing;
- Communicate with authorities;
- Negotiate affiliate deals with operators;
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents and commercial contracts as well as providing feedback on legal terms and conditions.
- Maintain an automated contract management system & manage the lifecycle of a contract;
- Create and maintain the regulatory guides for each market in which we participate;
- Provide advice on legal matters which may range from regulatory, commercial, corporate or employment issues;
- Working with our external legal partners where necessary
- Support General Counsel in any legal projects which the Group would be involved with;
- Support the organisation with any requests for legal support or legal advice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- 2 years experience working in-house with a company existing in the igaming ecosystem.
- Experience negotiating contracts directly with counterparties.
- An understanding of the global iGaming regulatory landscape.
- Licencing experience in the US market is preferred
- Fluent English Speaker
- Willing to work in Malta for at least the first 6 months. Thereafter, selected candidates can work either in Malta or in Copenhagen.