GiG is looking for a Compliance Data Analyst. This position is responsible for data analytics in support of the Compliance exercises of the compliance department of GiG.The role is responsible for the development and maintenance of dashboards and reports for use by compliance executives whether in the ambit of any risk monitoring, risk mitigation or for the purposes of regulatory reporting. In addition, this position will be expected to perform thoughtful analyses on data sets and bring issues to the attention of the compliance team.
You will be liaising mainly with regulatory compliance and teams such as GiG Core, GiG Data and Product Owners.
- Develop data extracts, compliance dashboards, analysis and reports;
- Coordinate with key collaborators to understand data sources and systems, and acquire data in the most efficient manner possible.
- Support the business with periodic regulatory reporting;
- Work on adhoc data analysis related to different datasets at GiG;
- Work with different datasets such as CSVs, databases;
- Keep internal documentation updated and ensure new processes are documented in the GiG compliance space on confluence
- Assist internal business stakeholders with data needs and their requirements;
- Collaborate with different teams and be part of different backlogs;
- Collaborate with the data product owners to enhance system reporting capabilities and automation;
- Collaborate with data product owners and share data analysis which supports development of new systems, tools and capabilities that are intended to mitigate compliance risks and promote a safe gaming environment;
- Perform regular follow ups for dependencies on different teams and act briefly as a project manager and raise to the Product Owner issues that are prolonged;
- Propose suggestions on how to improve current processes and help with the change management processes;
- Be a fast learner to educate yourself on different data repositories related with several different teams in GiG;
- Promote and use current self-service BI tools available and educate stakeholders where appropriate;
- Carry out routine tasks which may include running scripts or data reconciliation exercises.
- SQL server experience is a must
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 1-2 years previous experience in igaming
- Has demonstrated creative thinking and is passionate about data and data analysis
- Ability to analyse information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Ability to work on medium to complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
Good to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to learn Data Science
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- An understanding of social responsibility requirements, and an ability, through data analysis, to identify anomalous patterns or behaviour which puts the player at risk of harm.