Are you data-driven, and have a genuine interest in business analytics? Do you want to take the next step and work with a competent team to further develop your analytical and engineering skills? You might be the one for this job! We are looking for a new Business Data Engineer who wishes to join our team at the Copenhagen office.
As a Business Data Engineer at Gaming Innovation Group, you will be in charge of the data transformation and data pipeline tasks by delivering solutions and reports to each relevant vertical and department across the company. You will build scripts, clean and prepare datasets for the main stakeholders in the Business Intelligence unit. This role will let you collaborate with business partners and skillful team members so as to execute technical solutions that would be performant, scalable with best in class user experience.
We hope that you want to join our wonderful Business Analytics team
The best part about the workplace
Our international culture and office set up will make you not want to leave. A large open office with a gym, a cinema, a bar and much more! Office vibes are a big part of our culture and have been built to help motivate and inspire. We also offer a full range of support and mentoring to make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. If that is not enough, you will also have access to a full suite of internal and external resources to help power your knowledge and skill set!
- Provide insights and interpret reports to a broad audience
- Develop data models transformations and scripts to improve our automation pipelines
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Provide comprehensive solutions using a variety of programming languages and data tools (e.g., querying data with SQL, build DBT transformations)
- Build and test data models in order to make forecasts and predictions
- Develop scalable solutions give from business stakeholders
- Maintain and organize datasets and transformations among the different data sources
- Collaborate with top management with ad hoc reporting/tasks requirements
We are looking for:
For this full time-position, we are looking for a candidate who
- Business work experience in data pipelines and automation
- Previous experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL databases
- Experience with data transformation tools. Experience with DBT will be an advantage
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- General understanding of data orchestration and ETL. Airflow and Airbyte will be an advantage
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Be able to handle multiple tasks across different areas of the company
As we are inspired by diversity and willingness to learn, please feel free to apply even though you do not tick off all the boxes or have a different background you deem relevant. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone seeking to challenge themselves and want to develop both as a person and as a team. In GIG we work together!
Who we are
Gaming Innovation Group is an industry-leading iGaming and sports betting provider, working in one of the most competitive branches of online marketing. GiG is a multinational company with a vibrant company culture where GiGsters play hard but work even harder. On the Media (Marketing) side of the business, we are +150 employees, and we work with IT-driven marketing and offer marketing services to some of the biggest operators in the online sports betting and iGaming industry.
You will be in our office in Copenhagen in Nørrebro, where we have +60 Employees from around 20 different countries. We have a nice naturally lit open office space and here you will find a good mix of designers, writers, Marketing and IT people. Freedom with responsibility is a key term for us and we hope that you would join the fun and help the company grow to new heights.
You can read more about us here.