Head of Product - Core Platform
As the Head of Product – Core Platform you will manage and direct the strategy and
performance of our platform product portfolio.
The role is key in expanding and innovating our core platform product, with a keen focus on customer centricity, an excellent
understanding of the technology that powers these products and has the drive to ‘get sh#t done’ to the highest standard.
You will manage a team of Product Owners, to drive their passion for maximizing user experience and ensuring that we build products that are innovative and valuable for our users.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing a team of product owners and facilitating clear OKRs for the team to
enable team growth and upskilling, ensuring that they have a sufficient environment
to grow and deliver.
- Managing the team and removing impediments which hinder progress.
- Being the unified voice of the platform product within the organization.
- Working closely with management and stakeholders to understand, build and
execute the platform product development roadmap based on the overall business
- Define and own the vision and strategy for our existing products, as well as the
introduction of new products and features with clear business cases.
- Overall ownership of the platform Product Roadmap, including prioritization,
delivery time and communication of deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all product developments have sufficient, detailed product
requirement documents, functional specifications and the best UX/UI possible by
working closely with the Design teams.
- Work closely with technical management to direct them in the implementation of
the product roadmap.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing
development initiatives and communicating timetables for initial study &
investigation, development, testing and deployment of product services.
- Identifying opportunities and risks within delivering the product roadmap, including
identification of competitive services and opportunities for innovation.
- Conduct regulator competitor analysis and maintain market place awareness,
providing regular reports to management.
- Identify emerging and evolving technology trends that may support or impede the
success of the business
- Manage and develop relationships across multiple departments within GiG as well as
external stakeholders ensuring a strong culture of collaboration is in place.
Who you are you?
- Passion for iGaming and the technology that powers the online gaming industry.
- Proven success in leading an iGaming product P&L, and contribution to the overall
goal and vision of a product.
- Experience within the product lifecycle management, preferably in a senior or
leadership role and able to manage the process end to end.
- Significant experience in driving the product strategy and implementation of new
features within an iGaming product.
- A proven track record of working with innovative, agile teams – and able to take on
responsibility to manage deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of web and mobile technologies is essential.
- Able to manage and influence senior stakeholders, and experience in working in a
fast paced, demanding environment.
- Analytical skills are a must, having an understanding of product metrics and being
able to report on success and failure of a product.
- SaaS Experience, building and collaborating with external partners.
- Experience with other iGaming platform solutions.
- Strong technical understanding of API integrations.
- Operational experience of using various platform tools.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.