Content Writer / PR Specialist
GiG is looking for a PR superstar to join our Communications team. The ideal candidate to join our team will be someone who has experience in gambling / iGaming. You should have minimum of 4 years’ experience in PR and Communications. You should also have a good all-round understanding of media, corporate advertising, internal comms and public affairs.
You’ll report to the Communications Manager. You will work hand-in-hand with peers in Communications, leadership and product owners to take ownership of our external-facing content. You will create key messages, PR pitches, stories, press commentary, social media content, blogs and speech notes. You’ll work directly to build relationships with the industry media to garner interest in our corporate and product messages. You will also be involved in supporting local PR strategies for Malta, Marbella, Copenhagen and Norway together with our Employer Brand team. This is a role which requires you to be passionate about the hot industry topic and you will have the opportunity to work closely with executives on issues that are central to the company.
The GiG communications team works to shape the internal and external conversation about GiG and we engage with press, the public, customers and employees.
What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of external content and media relations.
- Advising other team members on best practise for PR, owning the PR elements of colleagues’ campaigns e.g B2B product launches.
- Educate press and other influencers about GiG’s products and services and employee proposition, prepping executives to act as spokespeople.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and other opinion makers in the iGaming industry, pitching stories where relevant.
- Build relationships with clients, and get them involved in GiG PR.
- Manage the content on the gig.com website, ensure it is conveying the message needed by all stakeholders and is user friendly, meeting brand and style guidelines.
- Ensure we are delivering the right industry PR messages across our corporate social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Develop and draft a wide range of communications materials including communications plans, press statements, press commentary, advertorials, white papers, social posts and comments, messaging and FAQs, presentations and speeches.
- Work cross-functionally with teams inside and outside communications to achieve goals.
- Identify and manage supplier relationships e.g. PR agency.
- Some (mostly European) travel required.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry PR, media, or corporate communications experience.
- Established media relationships and a solid understanding of iGaming industry.
- Excellent understanding of current affairs and news cycles; knowing the media environment, knowing what is relevant and when via what channel to maximise PR exposure.
- Strong, clear writing style and excellent editing skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to co-ordinate large media campaigns/campaigns of public interest.
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Work well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to create good working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound judgement and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- University degree in Communications/Journalism.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture:
#ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary
GiG Core: our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. GiG Core offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo, HighRoller and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
GiG Media: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
Location: Malta or Marbella
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.