Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture:
#ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary
GiG Core: our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. GiG Core offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo, HighRoller and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
GiG Media: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
What you'll be doing
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Solid experience with Python, at least 3 years
- Experience developing with Python web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable with HTML, JS, CSS, etc.
- Comfortable working in Linux environments
- Experience with GIT or similar tools for source control management
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Selenium and asyncio
- Basic knowledge of system administration, and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP), and specifically the serverless platforms (Lambda, Cloud Functions)
What we offer
- Free lunch: Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day
- Free coffee / tea / soft drinks / fruit / treats…
- Easy access with public transport: train, bus…
- Social gatherings and games: pool table, poker table, darts board, PS4, …
- Development program
- Company healthcare
- Work with lots of cool people from 10+ different countries
You will work from our newly renovated Brooklyn style office in Nannasgade 28, Nørrebro, Copenhagen, where we reside over 30 employees. We expect you to manage your own work schedule (flexitime). Freedom with responsibility is a key term for us.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GiG encourages applications from all sections of the community
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We works as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best, always, no compromises.