As a Sysops Engineer, you will play an important role within IT department. You will work closely with developers, system administrators and other passionate individuals. You must have a great passion for process automation, continuous delivery and system administration.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Investigate and test new infrastructure and application technologies to help improve the platform stability, scalability and operations.
- Build, maintain and improve continuous delivery and integration pipeline.
- Work closely with development teams on high performance requirements.
- Perform risk and capacity planning and management for a rapidly growing productions environment.
- Develop internal documentation for key systems and services.
- Backup and recovery planning and testing.
- 24/7 system monitoring
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience with Unix/Linux system administration, configuration and automation.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (Docker).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to choose the best tool for the job
- Strong skills with command line scripting/coding language (Python, Bash).
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies or their industry alternatives:
Web servers (Apache, Nginx)
Relational and non-relational DBs (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ...)
Monitoring tools (Zabbix, ...)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience with web application security and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of web applications security and internet technologies.
- Ability to analyze DB performance and make necessary performance tuning suggestions.
- Familiarity with Jenkins orchestration tools (Ansible, Kubernetes, ...)
- Familiarity with ELK stack style event processing.
- Detail-oriented working style & excellent analytical skills.
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture:
#ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary
GiG Core: our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. GiG Core offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo, HighRoller and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
GiG Media: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.