Big Data Devops
Our centralized Production Operations team is expanding and thus, we are keen to identify a Devops specialist who has a strong interest in Big Data.
GiG wants to harness the power of Big Data across the iGaming ecosystem and this role would be key to helping build a solution that will bring long term value.
- Script different isolated environments such as an environment for QA, Production,
Staging and Load Testing Environments on cloud providers in an agnostic way.
- Develop processes for the development teams so that features can be automatically
tested and merged to one code base.
- Setting up and maintaining platforms such as ticketing systems to manage requests
from different verticals of the company.
- Responsible for administration of permissions throughout the team.
- Doing POCs with different approaches for automation of deployments with technologies
such as Clickhouse, Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, Confluent platform (using mainly
Avro, KSQL, Kafka Connect and Kafka), Apache NiFi and NiFi Registry.
- Suggest tools for increased productivity, security, reliability, and performance.
- Maintain and develop tools and agents such as Grafana for performance monitoring,
- Use Grafana for monitoring our applications.
- Help with CI/CD processes using TeamCity.
- Maintain kubernetes clusters that support our Spark and Spring containerised
- Experience with maintaining and monitoring Microsoft SQL Server.
- Work with third parties for guidance on best practices with tools such as Clickhouse.
- Provide guidance and direction to the development team and follow best practices.
- Enhance current code stack to help with automation, versioning, tags and automation of
Nice to have:
- Experience in this role or automation with Apache Projects
- Have worked with both Linux and Windows environments
- A strong background in Big Data, technologies such as HDFS, Hadoop, HDFS, Apache
Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache NiFi.
- A strong understanding of DevOps methodologies and concepts.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge on cloud platform providers such as Azure, GCP or
- Fluent with UNIX.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
Location: Based in Malta.
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.