Are you a linux nut? Do you know everything about containers, orchestrators and such? If so we offer you an opportunity to build the future infrastructure for our micro-service based architecture and to add and improve the reliability and performance of our growing micro-service based core systems. You will be splitting your time between DevOps and writing beautiful code.
- Responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services
- Monitor and manage the gaming platform to ensure SLAs are met
- Build and manage systems, infrastructure and applications through automation
- Develop strategy, processes, and shape our existing infrastructure and support procedures
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline
What you'll be doing
You will serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services. This can on day involve troubleshooting issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network, and other days, identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design and drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders
- Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring and telemetry
- Assist in the rollouts and deployment of new product features and installations
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor applications and services in a large-scale environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
Who you are
We see that you have a technology or business graduate degree, or equivalent experience and knowledge of IT governance and operations. Your background has given you a strong knowledge of current IT methodologies and systems technologies and standards. So you, in other words, always keeps IT security in mind in whatever you do.
- Actively contributes SRE/DevOps best practices.
- Passion to replace manual work with code that can enable a system to run itself, i.e. mindset of around the clock “eating”, “breathing”, and “sleeping” automation of everything.
- Hands on experience including, but not limited to:
- Excellent ability to script
- Proven successful track record of running a multi-node/ multi-tier web application architectures
- Experience with configuration management tool
- Strong scripting ability
- Familiarity with maintaining long-lived APIs
- Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools
- Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and services such as OpenStack & AWS
- Experience using Kubernetes / Docker / containers
- Senior level experience supporting Linux and DB systems
- Experience working with virtualization software
- Proficient with TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution skills and ability to tackle a problem to completion.
- Desire and ability to wear many hats (developer, engineer, specialist, troubleshooter, support, tester, inventor)
- Strong analytical and decision making ability
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- A working knowledge of Java would be a strong plus.
- Experience of iGaming/internet games sectors is a plus.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Marbella
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.