Systems Operations Engineer
The Systems Operations Engineer will play a key role in Service, Incident and Problem Management process for external partners and internal requests on GIG Gaming Platforms. You will be responsible for delivering professional, accurate, and timely service including triaging and resolving issues in production, application monitoring, support, contact handling and incident coordination for business-to-business (B2B) customers. We are looking for a fantastic communicator, possessing technical skills with solid industry knowledge that enables the engineer to assist customers and adhere to defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs). In addition, you will need to be a flexible team player, available to work in shift work environment (2 shifts covering 40hrs / week) and provide On-call coverage.
What you'll be doing
- Supports all 1st line platform Infrastructure and Database requests
- Serves as the escalation point for troubleshooting application and infrastructure service requests and incidents, including troubleshooting issues related to application data or file delivery contents that require extensive use of Ms SQL
- Provide timely response to all incidents and performance related events within agreed SLA’s
- Incident coordinator and Single-Point-of-Contact (SPOC) for all communication of incidents until resolution including effective communication on the incident both internally and externally
- Identifies and leads application driven improvements including application health monitoring and automation of incidents
- Drives application and associated infrastructure root cause analysis, comprehensive corrective action plans and improvements including collaboration with other tech, product and vendor support teams
- Work closely with development teams on high performance requirements
- Perform risk, capacity planning and management for the platform
- Develop internal documentation for key systems and services
- Backup, recovery planning and testing
- Conducts technical review of application patches and installation of patches (Patch Management)
- Maintain playbooks and documentation
- Assists in process improvement and automation
- Provides on the job training and support to new members
- Acquire expert product knowledge in GIG products, business partners, organisation structure and gaming industry
- 24/7 system monitoring
Who you are
- Must be able and willing to operate in shift-work operations coverage (Morning / Evening shift - 40hrs / week) + additional On-call coverage 1 week every 4 weeks.
- 2 years+ working in System engineering, application support and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Organisational and coordination skills with multiple teams to get things done.
- Flexible team player.
- Be highly motivated, with proven aptitude for learning new skills and keeping abreast with the latest technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant work experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux Server Administration preferably with MCSA certification and / or LPIC-1 certification including administering and maintaining servers
- Intermediate skills with command line scripting/coding language (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash).
- Experience with monitoring systems, application performance and improvement
- Experience with incident and service management
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills - knowledge of Kepner-Tregoe or Ishikawa are bonus points.
- Relational database querying and knowledge of SQL server administration;
- Demonstrated knowledge of web services including IIS, ASP.Net, manual SOAP call triggering and troubleshooting
- Familiar with HTML / CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL certificates, SMTP, DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis and MSMQ
- Familiar with AWS, Azure or other PaaS
- Familiar with container technologies such as docker
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking essentials, including LAN/WAN, Routing, Networking Protocols, firewalls and load balancers
- Knowledge of parsing, analysing logs and troubleshooting issues
- Knowledge of Prometheus and Grafana technologies
- Knowledge of IT Operations and Service Management best practices. ITIL foundation certification is preferred
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.