Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture: #ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary.
iGaming Cloud is our flexible platform service for top iGaming providers and white-labels. We define ourselves as entrepreneurs, innovators, iGaming enthusiasts with extensive industry experience. We have created and developed iGC using experts in each area to bring together a lean iGaming platform.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Scrum Master who goes beyond the co-ordination of sprint planning and strives to improve the efficiency of the development team by continuous process improvement.
What you'll be doing
- Act as Scrum master for multiple Scrum/Kanban teams, with a focus on continuously improving the team’s performance.
- Work closely with product planning, product development and technology groups to plan and deliver releases.
- Organise and facilitate sprint planning, estimation sessions, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Ensure Agile (mainly Scrum/Kanban) concepts and principles are adhered to.
- Identify, track and manage process problems.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to team members on Agile practices and processes.
Who are you
We are looking for a person that really makes a strong, positive impression and maintains high levels of activity and produces great results through people. As such, passion for the industry and a sense of urgency a highly desirable.
If you want to succeed in this position, you understand the requirements for good-to-great collaboration and aim to achieve common goals. It is important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
Consideration, respect and trust. People generally respond according to the way they are treated. If you give a little, you will invariably get a lot back. You will need to ensure your team are managed and developed and performance is reviewed through regular, two-way feedback.
- Scrum/Kanban and other agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures at advanced level.
- 2 years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams
- Strong project management skills and/or experience.
- Scrum Master Certified/Scrum Certified Practitioner
- Ability to understand escalated technical problems.
- Track record on agile methodology based projects.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on you growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: You will be based in Malta.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GiG encourages applications from all sections of the community.
What we Offer
We GiGsters play hard, but we work even harder. We take personal responsibility for our deliverables every day, and we’re killing it. We work as one GiG, from teams to individuals, to make iGaming fair and fun for all. Each GiGster, no matter what their role, is empowered to be disruptive. And we are agile enough to make it happen. We are front-runners and deliver the best. Always. No compromises.