Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture: #ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
You will be part of the Software Engineering department which is responsible for delivering innovative software solutions in an agile environment to fulfil the company vision. You’ll be joining our eclectic team of talented dev guys, so your primary responsibilities will be based on your experience with backend development!
What you'll be doing
- Build reusable SQL code and libraries for future use
- Design and Implementation of stable, reliable and effective SQL code
- Design and deploy data table structures, reports, and queries
- Provide realistic estimates for requests, fixes and new ideas
- Cooperate with the multiple teams in implementing new functionality
- Ability to look at a problem and come up with practical solutions
- Write tests with mocked code as required
- Write clear and precise technical documentation
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
- Optimize and maintain legacy and new systems
Who you are
- Key Skills / Competencies:
- Possess extensive experience with Transact-SQL
- Stored Procedures
- Experience working with MS SQL Server
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Sound knowledge and experience working with software application and database design ideas
- Able to plan and work autonomously and within a team
- Experience with JIRA is helpful.
- Experience with database performance profiling and optimization.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.