Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture:
#ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary.
GiG Core: our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. GiG Core offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo, HighRoller and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
GiG Media: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
The Operations & Support team is responsible to provide 3rd line application support to a B2B client base, monitor and report on all GIG Core Platform products, perform root cause analysis while automating incident resolution to maximise performance and availability on 17/5 basis.
The position is based in our Malta office working closely with our tech and customer facing teams, service providers and third parties. You must have great passion to troubleshoot, provide support and automate incident resolution. Our goal is that no incident should happen twice.
What you'll be doing
- Proactive monitoring and support of the production and non-production environments;
- Detect, troubleshoot and rectify incidents as quickly as possible and / or escalate and follow up with other teams according to process;
- Effective root cause analysis with automated problem management;
- Perform risk, capacity planning and management for rapidly growing production environments
- Provide 3rd line awesome technical application support experience to B2B customers;
- Single-Point-of-Contact for all escalations and communication for incidents and support requests until resolution including effective communication on the incident both internally and externally;
- Direct contact with Service Providers and 3rd parties;
- Monitor production applications, servers and networks, acting promptly on alarms and degradation / outage events
- Follow ITIL best practices to handle service requests, incidents, problems and change requests
- Deliver on KPI’s as well as adhere to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s on service management and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and suggest improvements to the incident and problem processes;
- Maintain run-books and documentation
- Assists in process improvement and automation
- Acquire expert product knowledge in casino products, business partners, company structure, organisation and industry
- Work on 17/5 shift-work coverage with additional on-call coverage
Who you are
- Passionate Technology Problem Solver
- All rounder with deep understanding of the Windows Server OS (file system, registry, memory)
- Excellent logical, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Remain focused under pressure, work under own initiative and effectively coordinate an incident
- Ability to analyse and solve problems efficiently with the attitude to onboard new skills
- Great team player
- Be highly motivated, with proven aptitude for learning new skills and keeping abreast with the latest technologies
- Experience with Windows Server Administration preferably with MCSA certification
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows Server issues using inbuilt Windows applications such as Event Log, netstat etc
- Knowledge / Experience with AWS / Azure / Hyper-V / VMware platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web-N-Tier Technologies
- Good knowledge of HTML / CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL certificates, SMTP, DNS, RabbitMQ and MSMQ
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL querying and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP technologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Scripting languages
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: You are based in Malta.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.