Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture: #ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will build and manage the group’s infrastructure. This position is part of the Production Operations team that supports multiple 24/7 datacenter and cloud environments. The primary focus of this position is centered on the cloud, virtual and physical infrastructure, Storage Area Networks, Microsoft and Linux server technologies.
You will need to possess a high degree of technical skill, like to work with cutting edge technology stacks, and have a good understanding of Microsoft technologies, Azure / AWS and scripting. You will also need to be responsible for delivering operational excellence, meet project commitments, have a collaborative approach to problem solving and a DevOps mentality. If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth and dynamic environment, please read on.
What you'll be doing
- Build, setup, manage and maintain multiple Private and Public cloud infrastructure across the globe using technologies such as Hyper-converged SANs, VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud through automation that meets SLA’s, load and scalability;
- Manage and maintain an automation framework centered around rapid, scalable, and predictable server provisioning using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible and Git;
- Acts as technical escalation for operational staff to resolve incidents and problem resolution
- Collaborate with product development teams to deploy new services and capabilities;
- Improve tools for monitoring and system management;
- Supports heterogeneous multi-vendor hardware platforms;
- Independently drive projects to completion.
- Provide guidance and directly participate in critical technology architecture design decisions that improve the overall effectiveness and performance of the enterprise infrastructure;
- A desire to “automate everything” and “document everything”;
- Work extended and/or alternative hours as needed for roll-outs, system upgrades, etc.
- Solid technical skills and able to provide mentoring to team members;
- Ability to lift and rack equipment;
- Participate in periodic on-call duties (Approximately 1 week every 4 weeks)
Who you are
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Technical certifications such as VMware VCP-DCV, MCSE, CCNP, AWS SysOps, Linux LPIC-1 are pluses
- Experience as a Systems Engineer / Admin in Microsoft environment and proven track record running a multi-node / multi-tier web application architectures, including AD, GPOs, DNS, IIS and Cluster Services;
- Experience working with server virtualization (VMware), IaaS and PaaS Cloud (AWS, Azure), docker containers and hybrid environments
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience including load balancer and firewall configurations and possess a deep understanding of Web based technologies (e.g. IIS, .NET, DNS, Security, IP Routing, SSH, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Certificate Management)
- Scripting and configuration Management - Powershell, Ansible, Terraform, bash/sh
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions, such as PRTG, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Grafana, NewRelic
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including caching strategies, messaging protocols and software design practices
- Passion in providing superb infrastructure solutions
- Must have Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) Mentality
- Strong analytical and decision making ability
- Desire and ability to wear many hats (engineer, developer, specialist, troubleshooter, support, tester, inventor)
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole big picture
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.