Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
The Software Engineering department is responsible for delivering all software products within IGC. The department works within established channels to coordinate and manage tasks between other parts of the organization and other technical departments.
As a key role reporting to the CTO, the Head of Software Engineering is responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software solutions, while participating in defining the strategy for the iGamingCloud software platform by driving initiatives that are aligned to fulfill the company vision.
What you'll be doing
- To provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for multi-disciplined software focused teams.
- To perform line management duties, including: recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management.
- To liaise with Product to to understand functional and non-functional requirements and align with the business strategy.
- To liaise with Architecture to align with the technology strategy.
- To liaise with QA for product releases.
- To coach, performance manage and promote knowledge sharing.
- To plan for team growth examining the blend of skills required.
- To assist in resourcing decisions and review progress and performance of all individuals in team.
- To facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- To facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardization, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- To have a clear task list and plan for inducting new members into the team and bring them up-to-speed as quickly as possible.
- To make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally.
- Actively drives the development life-cycle and coordinate release and sprint planning.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages.
- In charge of department expenses and budget planning.
- To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives and drive products and services together.
- To cultivate a professional culture within the teams, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
Who you are
- Experience of leading a team of developers.
- Strong people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and external entities.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
- Must have a commitment to quality and the ability to translate complex requirements into functional solutions using best practices.
- Experience in Agile methods including SCRUM and TDD.
- Experience in application architecture, making pragmatic buy vs. build and interface decisions.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- Passionate about Software with a general thirst for knowledge and an interest in emerging technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of a dynamic work environment.
- Technical knowledge of web technologies and services.
- Key Skills / Competencies:
- Understanding of relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server and ORM technologies.
- Deep understanding of GIT Flow.
- Experience with IIS, Redis, RabbitMQ, TeamCity is helpful.
- Experience with JIRA is helpful.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration / deployment environments.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.