Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
GiG are seeking an Enterprise Data Architect to drive our enterprise data strategy and develop a framework and ecosystem to support our fast-growing business, evolving business model, business processes and application portfolio. Our ideal candidate must be a big-picture thinker, highly organized, detail oriented, a strong communicator, and great at working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects. The candidate should have a passion for data, as well as data analysis, and be very detailed oriented in maintaining design and quality standards. This position will require close collaboration with system architects, product owners, business analysts, developers and business & IT leaders, end users and quality assurance. The Enterprise Data Architect plays a key role in the definition of data management related strategies including data design, data integration, data governance, data integrity, data quality, metadata management, master data management.
What you'll be doing
- Develops a strategic enterprise data model
- Assesses as-is data platform, defines future state data platform and performs gap analysis to drive future state data platform (including physical implementation) applying data lake and modern data architecture principles
- Ensures we have a clear definition and ownership of master data within the group
- Understands leading/emerging data analytics, technologies and trends and can communicate effectively to a wide audience
- Designs and architects data consumption layers for multiple use cases including data exploration, visualization, reporting and data science initiatives
- Creates and manages an array of data design deliverables including data models, data diagrams, data flows and corresponding data dictionary documentation. Assists in leading the development and implementation of various strategic data architecture initiatives around master data management, data quality, data management policies/standards, data governance, and metadata management.
- Influences projects/initiatives and makes decisions related to data including data quality, data architecture and data management best practices. Provides expert data modeling and data validation services that produce flexible, extensible data structure design solutions that support effective business decisions.
- Supports and promotes enterprise data governance practices; Establishes enterprise governance processes around master data, reference data, KPIs and other data assets;
- Ensures data quality is addressed from data sources throughout the data management cycle by establishing clear guidelines and governance processes
- Ensures an integrated definition of data for enterprise information; Develops design and best practices to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of data.
- Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Ensures all solutions adhere to established data/information standards and strategies
- Establishes and runs cross team data architecture forums
- Acts as a technical advocate when deciding on new tools for data/information management
- Implements industry standards, best practices and optimal solutions
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA a plus)
- 4+ years of Enterprise Data Architecture in a similar role.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building databases.
- 5+ years of experience in data architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies.
- Proven background of designing and implementing data architectural solutions which solve strategic and tactical business needs.
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data.
- Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide data architectures, master data management, data governance and data warehousing.
- Strong familiarity with data management tools, including enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data quality tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools. Solid understanding of enterprise analytics platforms and tools, data lakes, customer data platforms, business intelligence and data warehouse technologies.
- Big data experience is highly desired; experience ingesting and transforming structured, semi-structured and unstructured data (clickstream, social media, streaming data).
- Knowledge or experience across a broad range of advanced analytics, e.g. descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, ai and machine learning.
Highly refined organization and communication skills including facilitation, presentation, and documentation. Experience working with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
Familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.