Something about us
At GiG, we pride ourselves in what we do. Our team of GiGsters are going all in to make a whole industry open and connected, like never before. We make great stuff and never settle for anything ordinary. We are game changers, because what else is there? Our vision is why we all come to work each day: “Opening up the iGaming industry to make it fair and fun for all”. To get there, we are guided by our Values which also set us apart and are the foundation for our culture: #ThinkAboutIt - #GoAllIn - #GetShitDone -#MakeGreatStuff - #ChallengeOrdinary.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
- Responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services
- Monitor and manage the gaming platform to ensure SLAs are met
- Build and manage systems, infrastructure and applications through automation
- To spend 40-60% of whole time working on Ops related activities. Remaining time should be spent writing code and building systems to improve performance and operational efficiency
- Develop strategy, processes, and shape our existing infrastructure and support procedures
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline
- Participate in periodic on-call duties
- Work with other DevOps and SRE’s.
What you'll be doing
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of gaming platform services
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network. Physical hardware and cloud-based environments.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design and drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company (continuous delivery)
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders
- Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring and telemetry
- Assist in the roll-outs and deployment of new product features and installations
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor applications and services in a large-scale environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
Who you are
- A technology or business graduate degree, or equivalent experience and knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- Strong knowledge of current IT methodologies and systems technologies and standarts.
- Always keeps IT security in mind in whatever you do.
- Actively contributes SRE/DevOps best practices.
- Passion to replace manual work with code that can enable a system to run itself, i.e. mindset of arround the clock “eating”, “breathing”, and “sleeping” automation of everything.
- Hands on experience including, but not limited to:
- Excellent ability to script
- Profen successful track record of running a multi-node/ multi-tier web application architectures
- Experience with configuration management tool
- A high level of knowledge of Java. Strong coding skills expected (i.e. desire and ability to write quality code)
- Familiarity with maintaining long-lived APIs
- Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools
- Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and services such as Mesosphere DCOS, OpenStack, & AWS
- Senior level experience supporting Linux and DB systems
- Experience working with virtualization software
- Proficient with TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution skills and ability to tackle a problem to completion.
- Desire and ability to wear many hats (developer, engineer, specialist, torubleshooter, support, tester, inventor)
- Strong analytical and decision making ability
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Fluent spoken and written English
- High moral integrity
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Based in Malta.
- To find out more contact: [email protected]
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.