Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
As a Data Scientist you will be working with one of the most creative and progressing teams within GIG, offering an outstanding opportunity to gain a deep insight into iGaming as a business and to develop your personal skills significantly along with individual responsibility from the very first day. You will liaise with various teams within the company and use data as well as advanced analytics to contribute to their success and growth.
What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of data science projects from conception stage to testing, delivery, optimisation and work closely with end users to translate requirements into data-driven applications and data visualisation solutions
- Identify emerging trends and process improvement opportunities
- Develop strategies, algorithms and technology for predicative analysis to enhance our data analysis platform
- Carry out complex ad-hoc data analysis
- Develop, test and assist in the design of the reporting / dashboard applications
- Aid the company in turning data into insights, and insights into actions
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience as Data Scientist
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Experience with predictive modeling and distributed computing
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R, Knime, Python, Excel etc.
- Familiar with iGaming terminology, metrics & business financials
- Ability to multi-task and function efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.