Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
The aim of this role is to manage project development initiatives and close the gap between stakeholders (POs, PMs, SEO Exec, UX) and developers, by handling requirements from project start until delivery & evaluation.
As one of the biggest and quickest growing affiliates brands in the industry we are looking for a person that could continuously develop our development capabilities & strategy based on our already strong brand platform. This is an excellent opportunity to be working with one of our most critical areas of Innovation Labs, for a fast growing company in a creative and dynamic environment.
The role will be based in Malta, and you will be working closely with the other members of the organisation to execute the overall business strategy from a development perspective as well as working closely with the product owners & SEO managers, to help implement the best SEO/SEM strategy and user experience for the sites.
What you'll be doing
- PHP application development writing custom theme or plugin functionality on WordPress sites.
- Implement and maintain backend development of desktop and mobile sites, as well as our custom internal tools.
- Manage project development initiatives and close the gap between stakeholders and developers, by handling requirements from project start until delivery & evaluation.
- Work with XML and JSON APIs to build integrations that can be used in advertising assets.
Who you are
- Are comfortable with MySQL and the architecture of the WordPress database
- Can connect to a REST API, including writing your own (PHP/Python/Node.js used in-house)
- Are proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Comfortable around the command line as well as with shell scripting
- Previous experience with Git and GitLab
- Proactive attitude
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Clean code, attention to details and methodical worker
- Documentation skills and analytical reasoning
- Skill with other web languages, such as Ruby on Rails, Python, or other PHP frameworks
- Relevant experience in Python web applications Development
- Experience with PhantomJS and/or Chrome Headless
- Previous experience within the iGaming industry
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Based in Malta.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.