Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
GiG is looking for an internal comms professional to join our Communications team. A good culture fit is essential so you need relevant communications experience in a high growth Tech-based industry. The GiG communications team ensures that GiG is known as the most open and connected employer in iGaming. We work to shape the internal and external conversation about GiG and we engage with press, the public, customers and employees. We have a forward-thinking approach to internal comms and believe in opening up our internal comms and culture externally to showcase our employer brand to make current employees feel proud and attract new employees. So this is a unique opportunity to merge your internal and external comms skills to do something exciting!
You’ll report to the Head of Communications. You will work hand-in-hand with leadership and Operations to understand internal communications sensitivities and challenges and deliver the best projects of your career. You’ll be involved in rolling out an internal comms and employer branding strategy across all our departments and in Malta, Spain, Norway and Denmark. You will manage a Digital Communications Specialist and will give guidance to our internal comms managers/champions in each location. You will also have the help of our amazing events team to execute internal events.
What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of internal communication and employer brand strategy at GiG, creating dynamic and appealing communications campaigns, experiences and tools for our millennial employees or potential employees.
- Motivate and empower employees to act as brand ambassadors for the company and share company messages e.g. through social media.
- Provide leadership, advice and coaching to other team members in Comms and beyond.
- Lead the One GiG (organisational change management) internal comms strategy including leadership communications for Tier 1 and Tier 2 leaders.
- Take ownership of company-wide internal comms tools e.g. digital channels such as GiG Hub (intranet), Slack, and physical events programme such as GiGsters Connect.
- Work with internal comms champions in each country to execute internal comms strategy – these people have approx. 50% of their job is focused on internal comms.
- Strong working relationship with the country General Managers - understand their challenges and work with internal comms champions in each country to develop intelligent communications plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders: leadership, management, HR, Operations, Communications champions in each department and other Managers in Comms to share resources. Work cross-functionally with teams inside and outside communications to achieve goals.
- Ensure we are delivering the right employer branding messages across our corporate social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) in collaboration with Design.
- Develop and draft a wide range of communications materials including communications plans, internal announcements, competitions, intranet news articles, internal comms toolkits, speeches, presentations and event content.
- Identify and manage supplier relationships e.g. comms agency, intranet provider.
- Some travel required to other GiG offices (Marbella, Malta, Copenhagen, Kristiansand, Oslo).
- 7+ years of relevant internal comms, employer branding or corporate communications experience.
- Experience in working in Communications in a fast-moving tech environment.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the workings of the business and industry and apply this to projects.
- Strong, clear writing style and excellent editing skills.
- A good understanding of communications technologies, evaluation methods and trends.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- Ability to develop change management and crisis management communications plans.
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to engage with and form effective relationships with people of all levels in the business.
- People management /leadership experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- University degree in Communications/Journalism.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
Location: You are based in Malta or Marbella
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.